Delovna mesta > Systems Engineer (IT Infrastructure)
Opis delovnega mesta
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them.
We are determined to bring a little bit of Sweden to Mexico.
This position provides IT solutions, services and support to the business lines. The key functions of IT are to develop IT strategy and tactics in alignment with business plan, deploy enterprise infrastructure, implement business applications, deliver IT services and support operations to enable business growth and operational excellence with necessary compliance and cost-effectiveness.
At IKEA Mexico, the purpose of this infrastructure role is to deploy and support scalable, stable, compliant and cost-effective IT solutions/ systems to enable business growth, support business operations. The role requires strong inter personal and negotiation skills to liaise with our business users and vendors.
The System Engineer is responsible to:
- Support, maintenance, administration & problem resolution of IT infrastructure comprising of Servers (Dell/HP Servers/VMWARE), Storage (EMC/Dell Tape Library/Brocade switches) & Desktops/Laptops (Mainly Dell)
- Support, maintenance, administration & problem resolution of Network infrastructure comprises of LAN (Structured cabling/Cisco Switches/Routers), WAN (Routers), IT Security (Firewall/IPS/IDS/Anti Virus).
- Effective IT infra & network management through configuration, performance, fault, security and administration
- Day to day IT operations support including windows patches, anti-virus and monitoring issues related to IT servers, user desktops, etc.
- Respond to all IT support issues reported in a professional and timely manner
- Work with authorised vendors during rebuild, relocations, repairs and maintenance and operational support
- Participate in the planning activities and manage the execution of tasks according to project/ work streams and operational activities
- Provide support on implementing network infrastructures and maintain comprehensive documentation
- Liaise with regional team in terms of IT technical design and specifications, local regulations, onsite support and vendor engagement
- Provide procurement administration support in terms of sourcing local vendors and coordinate technical meetings between regional team and vendors
- Carry out required Users Acceptance Tests accordingly to pre-defined requirements and test cases
- Maintain user accounts access and network access to Active Directory and relevant IT servers (Mail, CDS, Remote, authorised Vendors)
- Create and maintain system technical documentation and training materials.
- Follow through on change management with impact analysis on scope, cost, quality and timeline of assigned projects
- Proactively anticipate project issues and mitigate risks during project execution.
Knowledge and Experience:
Possess at least a Diploma, Higher Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/ Network) or equivalent.
At least 5 year of experience in support and implementing the following areas:
· Infrastructure hardware & software setup
· Network Infrastructure setup
Competency on key Infrastructure software & hardware: Active Directory, Citrix, SCCM, Veeam, SAN/NAS Storage, VMware, Backup/ replication, UPS, Windows servers
Competency on key network setup (LAN/ WAN/ WLAN): Network switches, Routers and Info security systems (Firewall) and Remote Access Gateways
Good understanding and experience to apply info security, risks, DR, compliance and audit considerations
Good knowledge & experience in developing/using IT testing methodologies and test scripts/ data
At least 3-4 year of working experience in retail IT environment
Hands-on experience in:
- Project Management
- Stake holder management
- Vendor management
- Technical documentation
- Developing test scripts
- User Acceptance Testing
- Conduct user training
- Service oriented and problem solving mindset
- Excellent team work, interpersonal skills, enthusiastic
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Organized and structured approach
- Experience in multi-cultural environments
- Readiness to travel (Local and Overseas)
- Quality conscious & results driven
This position is based in Puebla and offers a rare opportunity to be part of the establishment of IKEA in a whole new market.
You will get a chance to push boundaries and influence the direction of IKEA in Puebla. All as part of a caring and open culture where we live our values, work hard, have fun and operate with a long-term perspective. Because here opportunities arise and growth follows.
If you are interested to be part of our team please apply here!
Send us your CV in English