Delovna mesta > Business Developer, Category Mid-Receiver Units, Supply Chain Operations
Opis delovnega mesta
Supply Chain Operations is a global business unit within IKEA Supply and with its more than 800 co-workers it connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable, and sustainable way. We deliver excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by optimising replenishment solutions, managing the goods flow, sourcing and developing transport and logistics capacities and leading and securing supply quality.
Category Mid-Receiver Units provides smart logistics solutions at lowest cost, fulfilling high service levels and quality demands, complying to safety and security requirements, with focus on sustainability, to continuously contribute to the IKEA vision and business idea, based on the need within the IKEA supply chain. This Category is responsible to source and operate outsourced logistics (warehouse) units, following the strategic, tactical, and operational scope. We work within one of the most dynamic areas of logistics, one in which innovation and technology advances force us to continuously get better.
To develop further our logistics business in South and South-East Asia, we are strengthening our team in Port Klang, Malaysia.
About the job
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated person to help us to be leaders in delivering excellent performance, proudly serving happy IKEA customers. Our team’s objective is to design and implement warehousing solutions and strategies with focus on total supply chain cost whilst fulfilling defined service levels related to logistics capacity, operational excellence, and sustainability.
As a Business Developer you will secure business objectives according to relevant strategic directions and Category Mid-Receiver Unit’s business plans. You establish and develop high performing logistics service providers in our portfolio, meeting the needs of the business to serve our customers today and in the future. You contribute to optimise the value chain with the goal to create better products and services at lower costs, to reach more of the many customers.
Your key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Build up and maintain the logistics service provider portfolio, based on long term business needs.
- Lead commercial activities and price negotiations.
- Secure the overall performance of logistics service providers, based on the agreed terms and conditions.
- Lead the continuous development of the business, and the respective logistics service provider, based on current and future needs.
- Maintain logistics market knowledge, follow industry trends and innovative developments, secure knowledge of relevant cost drivers and legal/ regulatory frameworks.
- Develop and implement action plans with logistics service providers to secure the fulfilment of respective business objectives and key performance indicators.
- Secure compliance with the frame agreement/ overall framework, internal processes and ways of working.
- Perform business responsibilities based on value- and fact-based business approach.
- Follow innovative developments on the market and implement value adding initiatives in our logistics units.
This role is full time and is based in our office in Port Klang, Malaysia. You will report to the Business Development Manager, Category Mid-Receiver Units.
We want you, because:
- The IKEA culture and values inspire you every day.
- You enjoy interacting with people and you are a team player.
- You have a passion for business.
- You have drive, desire and motivation to find new business opportunities and make them happen.
- You always strive to reach goals with a high level of energy and motivation.
- You can motivate yourself and can organise, structure and prioritise multiple tasks.
- You are an early adopter in terms of change, and you act as a change driver.
- You have a university degree in logistics, economics, business administration, or relevant working experience from similar position (min. 5 years).
- You have deep knowledge of the logistics industry (contract logistics, warehousing and distribution), market specific conditions and macroeconomic trends (in South and South East Asia market).
- You possess a deep knowledge and understanding of the supply chain/ warehousing and its main production costs and cost drivers.
- You have legal knowledge related to contract logistics/ warehousing and distribution agreements and operational conditions.
- You are proficient in data analytics and finance and have hands on experience in supporting business decision making and driving improvement through data intelligence.
- You are highly skilled in using computer and specific programs related to analysis, communication and business presentations.
- You have very good negotiation and project management skills and you can build and evaluate fact-based business cases.
- You are a good communicator and can engage with audiences in both virtual and physical settings.
About why to join us
We believe in you!
You get the privilege and the responsibility to lead your assignment in a diverse team and partner with world class service providers, while finding innovative ways to drive the business for IKEA.
We grow with you!
In regular conversations with your manager, you can explore your development and career opportunities, and we will support you on the way. We embrace making mistakes and learning from them. For us at IKEA, this is the best way forward.
We develop together with our partners!
We are good listeners and can build relationships. We are committed to helping our partners grow and develop their full potential together with us.
About the recruitment process
If the above appeals to you, you might be the one we are looking for! The selection process will take place continuously, so please send in your application as soon as possible, however not later than 30th of October 2023. We are looking forward to receiving your application.