Supply Chain Operations (SCO) connects our customers with IKEA products in a simple, affordable and sustainable way. SCO delivers excellent transport and logistic solutions today, tomorrow and over time by (a) optimizing replenishment solutions (b) defining physical goods flow capacity needs (c) sourcing and developing transport & logistics capacities (d) managing the goods flow (e) leading & securing supply quality.
For our new Distribution Centre in South China to be opened in 2023, we are currently looking for an onsite IT Specialist to join our local team and to secure the initial set up and later manage the required IT systems for the new warehouse.
Being one of the first team members, you will have a unique opportunity to be part the journey of setting up a new DC and its IT infrastructure from scratch. This is a great chance to leave your footprint and enable future smooth operations and growth thanks to a solid IT foundation.
This is what your role will be about:
- Secure the onsite IT infrastructure will be properly put in place and prepared to accommodate all the required systems. Later, once the new warehouse will be functional, maintain and ensure continuous uptime of the onsite IT infrastructure.
- Manage relationships with global IT functions, vendors, contractors, service providers and other relevant stakeholders
- Plan and manage the agreed IT activities, such as installations, upgrades, local rebuilds and maintenance activities
- responsible for IT security in close co-operation with risk management and information security
- take necessary decisions and actions to solve issues, prioritizes according to business needs, and escalate further when the case. secure coordination and follow-up with IT Helpdesk Global regarding all non-resolved incidents
- Respond to IT emergency situations
- Provide technical training to end users
- Contribute to the local organization’s IT budget process;
You are the right person for us if:
You love the idea of becoming the IT ambassador of our new Distribution Centre in Foshan.
You have worked previously in IT, preferable in international organizations.
You have been exposed to leading projects and changes, working alongside diverse teams.
Your experience in large IT infrastructure projects would be a definitive plus.
You can adapt your communication to different situations and people, simplifying perceived complexity and structure of IT.
You love to share information, knowledge and experience with your colleagues.
You naturally build relationships and networks.
As you will be part of a multicultural team, you can communicate confidently and clearly in English.